Killer Instinct 2.2 patch reveals asics changes
Killer Instinct’s Season 2 is moving along nicely, with three figures already joining the initial roster of eight. Before moving any more, though, it is time for any round of balance tweaks. So Iron Universe required for their Twitch funnel to announce a few of the expected balance changes and bug fixes for KI’s approaching 2.2 patch.
A few of the bug fixes focus on a couple of recent additions, just like an issue that stops certain Ultras on Kan-Ra’s stage. Other changes include character fireballs losing invulnerability frames, certain figures losing ‘safe’ counter-breakers, elevated range on attacks like Jago’s Wind Kick and Glacius’ Puddle Punch, and a few noticeable changes to Season 2 figures TJ Combo, Maya, and Kan-Ra. Other figures are becoming tweaks, except for Thunder and Orchid, who’ll stay exactly because they are.
The entire patch notes are available below, taken verbatim, thanks to the Killer Instinct forums.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Spinal and Sabrewulf from doing their Ultra attacks on Kan-Ra’s Stage (Forbidden Archive).
- Light and Medium Windkick travel a little bit farther now.
- Shadow Endokuken is no longer invulnerable for any period.
- Fixed a bug that let Sabrewulf get a safe counter break attempt on a very specific frame of Shadow Ragged Edge.
- Liquidize can travel farther in the same amount of time, a bit less than sweep distance.
- No changes
- Fixed a bug that allowed Sadira’s webs to hit during hitstop and remove breaker windows from attacks. We did this by preventing webs from actually hitting opponents who are already in hitstop. Instead, they will sit and wait for hitstop to end before hitting.
- Fixed a bug preventing Sadira’s Shadow Widow’s Bite projectiles from destroying themselves properly when a counter breaker was attempted.
- Performing an ender right after a Web without doing anything else first is now breakable as opener-ender.
- Fixed a bug preventing Leg Launcher and Chain Leg Launcher from getting proper opener/manual labels, making them unbreakable in some situations.
- No Changes
- Shadow Searing Skull is no longer invulnerable for any period.
- Shadow Energy Blast is no longer invulnerable for any period.
- Devastation Beam changes are coming in a future update, please be patient.
- Light Tremor is now -6 on block. Medium Tremor is -8 on block. Heavy Tremor is -10 on block. Shadow Tremor is -4 on block.
- Vortex hitboxes reduced to not beat crossup attempts as easily. Light vortex now hits on frame 6 and is active for 2 frames. Medium hits on frame 7 and is active for 3 frames. Heavy hits on frame 8 and is active for 5 frames.
- Shadow Vortex is vulnerable for 1 additional frame during startup.
- Leap Kick still hits on frame 6, but Light version is now vulnerable on Frame 5, Medium version is vulnerable on frame 2, and Heavy has no invulnerability. The Shadow version has not been changed.
- Can no longer Counter Breaker attempt during the startup/release of Shadow Daggers. Performing a Counter Breaker while Shadow Daggers are active will cause them to separate immediately.
- Third hit of Savage Strikes attack box extends a bit lower than before so it is less likely to whiff crouching Sabrewulf and Riptor.
- Fixed a bug that caused Kan-Ra to act as if he was in the air during Sandsplosion recovery. Now you can combo him and throw him to your heart’s content.
- Shadow Swarm lasts 60% as long as it used to if untouched.
- C.HP hitbox reduced
- C.HK hitbox reduced
- Sand Spikes, Scorpion Strikes, and Antlion build much less meter.
- Fixed a bug that caused Kan-Ra to get stuck in place when doing Whirl while cornered facing out.
- Fixed a bug that let Kan-Ra dash under players in the corner.
- Kan-Ra can still cancel out of the recovery of Clutch at the same time with special moves, but can no longer cancel out with movement (jumps and dashes).
- Kan-Ra can no longer hop forward to adjust position on a successful Clutch when his opponent is already cornered, as this was breaking the animation and doesn’t change opponent positioning at all.
- Fixed a bug that was cutting off the end part of his Ultra Ender animation.
- Fixed a bug preventing Kan-Ra’s Swarm and Shadow Swarm projectiles from destroying themselves properly when a counter breaker was attempted.
- Fixed a bug that caused the camera to go nuts during Kan-Ra’s ultra if you Instinct cancel.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Super Flash to get stuck “On” when hit out of certain moves.
Killer Instinct’s 2.2 patch is coming soon.